Site speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site speed

There are higher bounce rates if a web page takes longer than two seconds to load. Users are impatient, and they don't wait around if the site speed keeps them waiting. Which tools do you use to monitor and understand the causes of slow loading speeds?

Site speed is very vital. I never return to a website that takes ages to load, and that shows how impatient a user can get. There are several tools that you can use, including Uptrends, Perftool and Pingdom.

Comment

I've paid for user testing a few times and felt that was beneficial. Sometimes it's the lamest thing that's slowing my website down. A WP plugin has been the culprit a time or two.

Ken Willis Thanks for sharing those three tools. I'll have to check those out.

Comment

I have a bad habit of assuming things are okay until someone comments that my blog is loading slowly. I need to check that out more often, but when it's loading quickly for me, I assume it is for everybody. Unfortunately, that's definitely not how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Willis View Post
          Site speed is very vital. I never return to a website that takes ages to load, and that shows how impatient a user can get. There are several tools that you can use, including Uptrends, Perftool and Pingdom.
          I don't have a website yet, but I sure would like mine to load fairly quickly. Thank you for sharing this information about how to get it up and for the list of tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Simone Davis View Post
            I have a bad habit of assuming things are okay until someone comments that my blog is loading slowly. I need to check that out more often, but when it's loading quickly for me, I assume it is for everybody. Unfortunately, that's definitely not how it works.
            I was fond of assuming things as well, and that was affecting the number of visitors to the website. It is advisable to monitor the minute details because it makes a difference eventually. @Evan Chambers, did you check out any of them? I use Uptrends the most!

Comment

Personally, if I come across a website that loads slow, I assume it's too "busy". Too many things going on at once, and that's a sign of bad management on the part of the owner. I move on.

Comment

Working...
              X