Beyond Kindle Direct Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Kindle Direct Publishing

Amazon's platform is handy for independent authors to self-publish their books. Although it's popular and easy to use, I don't think it's a good business decision to put all of my eggs in one basket. What other platforms are worth a look?

You should give Smashwords a try. Like other publishing platforms they take a cut of your sales, but you get a free ISBN number. Amazon and most other self-publishing places charge extra for that.

Comment

Like you say, it is never safe to put all your eggs in one basket; it is self-destructive. For starters, KDP (Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing) is the easiest way to self-publish, although the book is only available on the Amazon market. It can also be hard for people to stumble upon your book because of the high number of self-publishers.

Comment

Barnes and Noble has a set up for this. They have been huge in the book business for a very long time, so I would look into them. People go to Amazon for many reasons, but people go to B and M for one specific reason. If you want exposure, try that route.

Comment

Working...
        X