Your fallback topic and format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your fallback topic and format

It doesn't often happen, but there are times when I'm not feeling well or I'm just not inspired, but I still need to produce some decent content. When that happens, I usually fall back to list creation. Sometimes I take the obvious route, "The Top 5 Lifestyle Apps for Your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone." Sometimes I go for something a little more wild, "The Top 3 out of This World Cat Litter Boxes That You've Never Seen Before." I think lists are my fallback because they're so amiable to affiliate marketing. What's your standard topic and format when you aren't feeling your best?

My fallback is Op-Ed style pieces on social issues. I stay away from politics though. Too toxic in nature.

For instance, if there is a sudden spike in fatal drunk driving accidents I'll put my opinion for solutions in the ring. The affiliate tie-in could be safety products for vehicles.

Comment

I do photos with captions when I'm rushed for time. Sometimes I can include an affiliate link and sometimes it just won't work. I only include one if it makes sense of course.

Comment

I haven't begun creating content yet, but I've thought about what happens when you become sick or are too busy with the day job. Personally, I love to read Op-Ed pieces about social issues and never would've guessed some writers use that as their easy format. That's awesome, Don Kyle

Comment

This discussion got me thinking about the importance of versatility and having a fall-back plan. Online advertising has matured and growing a brand requires strategy, time and a great ton of hustle. Being an affiliate marketer (in my view) requires creativity and a sense of urgency all the time.

Comment

I run a dog training/kenneling/grooming business. I usually write informative pet articles for my business website, but when I'm phoning it in, I interview the dogs.

Comment

Christmas related financial advice. Christmas is the biggest
              spending holiday there is, so budgeting should be year round.

The amount of financial budgeting classes is almost limitless.

Comment

Working...
              X