Push traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push traffic

What are your thoughts considering the increased presence of mobile devices? It is a new affiliate marketing trend that has been growing in momentum, over the last few years. There is the benefit of a highly engaged audience and high viewability (which could lead to increased reach and performance).

If you like to play the odds, push is a good thing. You have to consider your audience though. You have to push something that caters to the demographic of both the product and the people using the mobile device. That may be stating the obvious, but sometimes people forget the basics.

Comment

I am very new to all this, so I have never heard of push traffic before. What exactly is push traffic? Is it something similar to mass SMS marketing?

Comment

Originally posted by Nadja Taneva View Post
        I am very new to all this, so I have never heard of push traffic before. What exactly is push traffic? Is it something similar to mass SMS marketing?
        Have you ever visited a website and had it ask if you may want to receive notifications? Clicking 'Allow' allows you to receive messages (mostly a landing page) directly on your browser, irrespective of whichever website you are visiting at any moment. Such notifications can also appear on a mobile device, mostly on the lock screen!

Comment

On my personal end of this, I never click yes. I would rather look for something on my own. That's why, on my business end, I don't practice this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Mills View Post
            If you like to play the odds, push is a good thing. You have to consider your audience though. You have to push something that caters to the demographic of both the product and the people using the mobile device. That may be stating the obvious, but sometimes people forget the basics.
            Those odds won't last very long in my opinion. I think this is a trend that will end as fast as it started. Most people I know find them annoying. "Pushy" if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Edwards View Post

Have you ever visited a website and had it ask if you may want to receive notifications? Clicking 'Allow' allows you to receive messages (mostly a landing page) directly on your browser, irrespective of whichever website you are visiting at any moment. Such notifications can also appear on a mobile device, mostly on the lock screen!
              Oh! That! I see. Yes, I have seen those kinds of notifications a lot lately. Do they actually work? I am not sure I would want to use that, because they are kind of annoying. Don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Nadja Taneva View Post

Oh! That! I see. Yes, I have seen those kinds of notifications a lot lately. Do they actually work? I am not sure I would want to use that, because they are kind of annoying. Don't you think?
                I find them very annoying, but many people click on these links without understanding what they entail. I agree that they won't last for so long; they can be quite a distraction!

Comment

To some extent, the fate of push traffic seems to be at stake. Browsers like Google and Mozilla have started tightening the rules for sending push-notifications, hence it may not be easy for large advertisers and affiliate marketers in future.

Comment

Working...
                  X