Niches And Traffic Sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niches And Traffic Sources

After running a few blogs for more than 5 years now, I have found that every niche works with different traffic sources. For example, while Pinterest brings most of the traffic to my travel blog, it does not do so well with my online marketing blog.

What has been your experience?

I generated the most traffic through guest posting on other popular blogs that linked back to me. I think most popular bloggers today charge a fee for that and it can be costly. This used to be free since bloggers were grateful for the free content. I understand why that's changed, though. Choose well and it will still be worth it.

Comment

Determining the best traffic source isn't an easy thing for new affiliate marketers. Whereas these sources are niche-specific, it is usual to factor in the cost of the traffic source, overall quality and targeting options available. What are your thoughts on PPV traffic?

Comment

Not all traffic is created equal. While PPV could be effective for certain niches, PPC or social traffic could be better for others. As for Pinterest, I have noticed that it works quite well for visual and feminine niches. Home decor, weddings, food, travel etc do pretty well on Pinterest.

Comment

A Facebook page, or group, dedicated to writing brings good traffic to your own writing based site. There is also the option of "doubling up". Meaning that a travel blog could be written in partial lyric form, thus bringing traffic from people with an interest in both travelling and writing.

Comment

What has helped me determine which traffic sources are best for certain niches was to simply test, test and test. It is true that you will burn some money while you are testing, but once you find the ideal traffic source and stick to it, it will pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Jun View Post
              What has helped me determine which traffic sources are best for certain niches was to simply test, test and test. It is true that you will burn some money while you are testing, but once you find the ideal traffic source and stick to it, it will pay off.
              I agree with you, Arthur. Testing is the best way to know what traffic sources work and what don't. It takes time, effort and some money, but it does pay off eventually.

Comment

Working...
              X